Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Wrap Up

I've been MIA from the blogging world for a couple of weeks now. Partly because my hormones are raging. In one moment I'll feel a super heart felt post that needs to be written to my children, so someday when they hopefully come back and read this, they'll understand just how much I loved and adored them.. even if I was squawking like a chicken over the mundane things that needed to be done, like picking up their toys and sweeping up the crushed snacks all over the floor. In the next moment, I feel as though they owe me a heart felt blog post, apologizing for causing much of my insanity. On top of the crazy mood swings pregnancy brings, I just simply haven't had time. When I try to blog during the day, it takes three hours, because I keep having to stop for obvious reasons. I used to blog late at night, when the house was quiet. Now I fall asleep before the kids most nights.

And then on top of the mood swings, lack of time, and exhaustion... Blogger is driving me NUTS and has been as annoying as the temper tantrums my monkeys are known to throw when it's time to clean up.

We've been cramming as much summer fun as we possibly could into these last couple of weeks. And since Blogger has decided to enter the Terrible Two's phase along with Flash Flood, all of my pictures are out of order. Just as I do with Flash Flood when he's pitching a hissy fit in the middle of the living room floor, I'm going to step around Blogger, and completely ignore this tantrum, instead of trying to rearrange all the pics below.

~A quick recap of our Summer 2011~

Sunday afternoon we took the kids skating with some super fun friends. They all had a blast. As did all of us moms watching them learn to skate. Flash Flood hung out with me in the cheering section. Though he did enjoy running a few laps around the rink and dancing to the "moosik."







All the kids fell approximately 87 times each, but somehow we got away with no broken bones and minimal bruises...




...though I'm not exactly sure how.



We made a quick trip to see my big brother and his precious family....



While there, the kids got to swim in a "REAL RIVER." These semi-city kids don't get to do things like that too often, so this was probably the highlight of our trip for them...






The following pictures made me laugh. When eating at a restaurant, Her Highness ordered a salad. I was going to snap a pic of her, because it reminded me so much of my sister Kelly, when she was a little girl, and when The Storm heard me saying, "Say cheese! I want to text a pic of you eating that to Aunt Kell-Bell.." they all turned around and faked a pose, making fun of Her Highness' girly poses she's always striking for the camera...





While on our tour of the south, we got to spend a couple of days with Cookie and Grandy. They treated us to Smurfs in 3D. This was our first 3D experience. I was shocked at the price for seven of us to see the movie, but decided a few minutes in it was totally worth it (especially since I wasn't paying. Thanks, DADDY!) when I saw how much the kids LOVED it. Lightning especially. Every single scene, he would do his husky old man belly laugh that he's known for, then repeat the last line, laugh again, then say, "Awww, man! Dat's SO FUNNY!"


Cookie, Grandy and Kell-Bell also threw me a birf-day party, since I turned 31 while there. Most of the presents were tiny pink baby girl clothes, bedding, and accessories. Her Highness and I were tickled PINK once again...


Sleepovers with cousins are simply the BEST...

A trip to the Children's Science Museum was also a treat The Storm thoroughly enjoyed.


Well that's just typical... I had 84 more pictures for this post, and somehow they're all gone. We also visited with my sweet Granny, met Rick & Bubba (the radio talk show hosts) and got to spend some time with our dear friends the Alford's. Uggggh! Is anyone else having this much trouble with Blogger? Or is it just me?? Sigh. I've got to finish this up anyway. School starts tomorrow, and I've promised my kids a super fun last day of Summer.


Thanks to everyone who hosted us on our last hoo-rah for the summer. We had a ton of fun and will always cherish our memories made with each of you.


Happy end of Summer to you, whenever that may be!

Love, Big Momma

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Super fun last hoorah! Love the river pics...so cute! And, Happy 31st Birthday to you!!!

tarheelmom said...

Happy 31! I wish I was 31! Ha I can't believe school is around the corner. We don't start for a couple of weeks yet. I dread the getting up early! uugggh!
Hope you're feeling well overall...you look great!

Anonymous said...

Happy {belated} Birthday! School doesn't start for my kids for another week and a half and since this is the first! year! I'm sending one to actual school I'm sort of freaking a bit, so I'm mostly a sobbing pile of wreck every day as I look at my "baby" and sigh because he's growing up sooo fast.

Love the river pics! Looks like y'all have had a LOT of fun! :)