Friday, February 25, 2011

He's Just Not That Into You

This is a picture of Lightning with his favorite fearless gal. She's a little monkey, that's for sure. A prissy princess, who loves hanging with the guys. And it's a good thing, since she is the daughter of my bff, Jara. Lightning and Monkey (as she's named on her Momma's blog) were playing yesterday, while I was loading the dishwasher, when I over heard the following conversation...

Monkey: I need to tell you a secret, but I have to tell you in your room.

Pitter patter. Pitter patter. Pitter patter. (sounds of little feet running across the house to Lightning's room)

10 seconds later...Pitter patter. Pitter patter. Pitter patter. (sounds of Lightning's feet, returning to me in the kitchen)

Lightning (sounding confused, disgusted, yet slightly delighted all at the same time): Ummm, Momma... Monkey say I'm her boyfwiend. And she my gurlfwiend??

Me (laughing, and raising my eyebrows up and down): Woo-hoo!

Pitter patter. Pitter patter. Pitter patter. (Lightning running back to his room)

Lightning: Ummm, Monkey. My Momma say I'm gwounded all day. So I can't be yur boyfwiend.

5 comments:

The Howell's said...

ahaahaahaaaahhaa! This is hilarious!

Whitney said...

I've used that excuse too! Except mine was, "I'm not allowed to date." Haha! :P

Rachel said...

J.J. and I laughed out loud at this. Love it.

Jara said...

The girl knows what she wants....and in this family we like to get what we want ;-)

Sara Elizabeth said...

This is so funny. He is one smart kid!