Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sounds of Thunder... and the rest of The Hudson Storm.

The following conversation took place in our front yard, while The Hudson Storm played Star Wars with a neighbor-kid....

Thunder (swinging his light saber violently towards the neighbor-kid):  TAKE THAT! 

Neighbor-kid:  Now, cut off my hand!  Yeah, like that!

Hail (interrupting):  Can I pway??  I wanna pway Staw Waws wif you, pweeeaassee!

Neighbor-kid:  SURE!  (Immediately starts swinging his light saber at Hail, while making the appropriate "zzziinngg-zzziinngg noises)

Thunder:  Wait, wait!  You have to be careful with Hail, okay??  Don't hit him too hard.  He's only two....

Me (beaming with pride from my lawn chair, daydreaming):  Sweet, sweet Thunder!  He's just the best big brother ever.  Such a doll.  What would we do without...

Thunder (interrupting the boastful conversation I'm having with myself in my head):  But he'll be three in a couple of weeks and then we can hit him as hard as we want!!!

Neighbor-kid:  Oh, that's AWESOME.

Hail (nodding, holding up two fingers):  Yep, I'm two. But, I'm gonna be five wast night.  You can come to my birf-day pardee! 

*All instances of time, past/present/future is "wast night" to Hail.  And he's always "fixin' to be five, not fwee."

I'm telling you, these boys can't get right.  Not a one of 'em.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Those Hudson boys are PRECIOUS!

Anonymous said...

My poor Hail. Let's trade, I'll take him, you take this baby. Just for like a year, then we can trade back.

Lindy said...

What a sweet big brother! ha! I'll be getting Hail his own weapon a.k.a. light saber, for his fwee' yr. birthday! I don't want him to be defenseless!

Trace Car Driver said...

hilarious!! trace thinks everything is last nite too. and if you ask him his name, he says "i'm trace, 4 days old!" the funniest part is he's only 3 YEARS old. gotta love kids!!

Edie Mindell said...

Funny and cute conversation from the boys. I think boys will be boys no matter what their ages are.:-)