Saturday, March 28, 2009

Honeymoon's Over

My children take after me when it comes to the whole rise and shine part of our day. Bert pops out of the bed, wide awake, ready to meet the day head on. I like to wake up slowly. Lay on the couch for a bit, while sipping coffee.

Lightning, our 2 year old, is probably the most like me.

Every single morning he gets up between 6-6:30 and wants me to lay on the couch with him for a "widdle bit." I happily oblige, since it's still so early, and usually snooze on the couch until the second child wakes up, while Lightning watches Noggin. This morning, Lightning sat up several times and would smell the air, then lay back down. Finally, he turned to me and said in a whisper, "Momma, somedin' smells stink." (I love the language of a 2 year old.)

"Hmmm, wonder what?" I replied.
Lightning immediately placed his sweet little hand over my mouth and said, "Dat. Dat smells stink.... Ummm, Momma, you not have to lay down with me no more. I'm all done."

Thanks, kiddo.
Honeymoon's over.

2 comments:

Kiera said...

I'm rolling!!! Hilarious! Sometimes it's better when they can't talk. ;) LOL!

McKinney Madness said...

I'm right there with Kiera... that was knock down hilarious!!! I should have known between you and Bert those kiddos would have quite the personality!!