Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Take it like a MAN!

Recently, while trying a discipline technique my Mother uses with her fifth graders, the following conversation took place:

Me: "Jack, that's the second time I told you not to do that! Now, what do YOU think your punishment should be?"

Jack: "Ummm, well, how 'bout I don't get to go to any parks the rest of the day... Ummm, or I don't get to watch no more movies tonight... Oh, I know! How about I don't get to eat any more deserts today!"

It was 8 pm so obviously I wasn't even going to consider any of his requests.

Lucy: "Jack, choose a spankin' and take it like a MAN!"



Here are some shots of what we've been up to lately.

Baby Bach

Lucy took this one all by herself and said, "It's for your blog!"


A common occurrence at our house. What goes better with a STORM than mud?


Ty cried when I told him to go around to the hose so I could rinse him off before taking a bath. It was pretty cold out, so I don't blame him. Bert showed mercy and rinsed them with warm water.


A visit from Cookie & Granddaddy


Hangin' with Lucy's favorite cuz, Lily

Side note:
Lucy is now reading. I'm so excited and proud of her. I'm sure this milestone will be much like the others... I was so excited when she began walking, then I wished she couldn't go quite so fast. I was thrilled when she began talking, then she started repeating things I was saying at the most inopportune times. What fun will an extra reader bring to our family... Time will only tell.

6 comments:

Do you think I'm bad? said...

LOVE how you call your boys the storm!! hilarious! thanks for always commenting on my blog too. :) i will definitely email you soon!!!

Shekinah Glory said...

I can picture Dad saying in that picture, "Hank, do you know what makes this train keep rolling on this track? Momentum. And do you know what inertia is?" :)

Cindy said...

Love that Lucy! Such a practical gal! Suck it up boys! :-)

I also love the picture of Bert "rinsing" the kids. That's so funny!

Kiera said...

Great blog. Love your pictures. I will get mine downloaded soon. My blog so needs updating!! Love and miss yoU!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

way to go, lucy! i love the take it like a man comment. thats hilarious. those pics are precious.

Jessa Mullen said...

I have told your "take it like a man" story to so many people.. that made me crack up !!!